Wireless drops off after USBstick insert

I've been having an annoying problem with my Linksys Wireless-G wmp54g pci card that quits after I insert my usbstick. It seems to do it with any of the latest kernel updates. I'm currently using the 770 kernel, the latest ndiswrapper and the driver off of the Linksys cd (as there has been mention of more recent drivers from linksys giving problems.

I'm using a dual Tyan MP 2466 board with the latest bios.

I can't bring up the wireless pci after it drops off (green light off no one home) without a total reboot.

I'ld like to know if anyone else is having troubles with their wireless pci quitting when they access their usbsticks.

Thanks,  Jim