Re: Attn : Dave Jones Re: I just want one more option in the FC Kernels (Dave Jones)

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 04:29:36PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
 > On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 14:19, Dave Jones wrote:
 > > On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:00:53PM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
 > >
 > >  > kernel 2.6.5-1.358 is older than 9 months. Btw. you should urgently
 > >  > update the kernel as yours has security issues.
 > >
 > > Quite. It drives me nuts sometimes to get folks reporting
 > > issues in bugzilla against the kernel that $release shipped with
 > > who refuse to update to anything newer.
 >
 > Likewise it drives me nuts that people downloading an iso and
 > installing it today still get that $release because no one
 > bothers to roll a new image.  Must not be that important
 > after all...

Rerolling an ISO has a number of problems. From increased load on
mirrors, to issues like the installer needing to be updated for
each release, additional testing etc.

It's not as simple as 'run some script, and out pops a new iso'.

Given FC releases are supposed to be every 6 months or so, it's
really not worth the pain to do intermediate releases.

		Dave