Re: Boot hangs after snort initialization

Mark Sargent wrote:
my boot hangs after snort is initialized. The last line shown after the snort initialization message is Enabling swap space OK and then a continually blinking cursor below it. Nothing is reported in either /var/log/boot.log or /var/log/messages. Cheers.

The boot will be hanging because you're not running snort in daemon mode. Though I'm surprised the "hang" is so early in the boot process, given that you're running snort from rc.local, which is right at the end of the boot process. Are you booting with "rhgb quiet" as boot parameters in grub.conf?

Paul.