Correct videodev.h and videodev2.h files?

Hi,

I am trying to get mpeg4ip to work on Fedora 3 with quickcam-messenger and so far have not had any luck. I can get the video source preview in mp4live (1.2.11) to show picture from the camera after choosing PAL instead of NTSC but capturing the stream causes either the mpeg4ip to crash or it just records the voice.

According to the mpeg4ip developer Fedora distribution does not have correct header files: videodev.h and videodev2.h included. And he gave me pointers to the bytesex.org to look for them. What I found from the bytesex was patches for the kernel. As I have no knowledge what the correct header files should be, I assumed that the glibc-kernheaders package just contained copies of kernel-header files from the kernel distribution and the right way to go would be to patch the kernel, install it and copy the videodev.h and videodev2.h from the /usr/lib/`uname -r`/build/include/linux to /usr/include/linux. This I did and got even more problems, starting from the compilation of the mpeg4ip.

Obviously this is not correct way to go with the header files and I still need to find the correct ones that are meant to be used with compilation of user applications. Where I should look for them?

Links:
- Quickcam messenger driver: http://home.mag.cx/messenger/
- Discussion on mpeg4ip : http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1255410&forum_id=59136
- What I have tried: http://blogit.claymountain.com/sf/index.php?/archives/19-And-more-about-the-headers....html