usb card reader problem - deleted device

Hello,

a single card in my SD card reader (usb) could be mounted
with /dev/sda1. When booting my system with a card in the card reader
the device /dev/sda1 is created. But when I drop the card from the
card reader over night, /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 will be deleted on the
next day and the device /dev/sda1 will not be automaticly created
again when inserting a SD card. Then I have to reconnect (pull out/put
in) the usb plug from the card reader *with* the SD card inserted to
get /dev/sda1 again. When reconnecting the usb plug from the card
reader *without* a inserted SD card, then only the device /dev/sda
will be created but not /dev/sda1. A later inserting of the SD card
will not create /dev/sda1.

What process deletes /dev/sda1 when leaving my card reader over night
without a card inside and how could I prevent this? I don't want to
leave a card inside the card reader the whole time.
And why is there no device /dev/sda1 when I inserted the SD card later?

I never have had this problem in previous kernel versions.

regards
Olaf