Re: Top Posting and company disclaimer

James Wilkinson wrote:

That dot would be quoted by SMTP servers to stop the effect you wanted.
It then would be unquoted at the other end of the SMTP link.

Most people these days wouldn't expect a dot on a line by itself to
terminate an e-mail, and those that would expect it probably wouldn't
want it happening in normal e-mail.

Google for RFC 2821 and look at section 4.5.2 for details.

James.

Thanks for the reference. I noticed that the dot was still there when I sent out the email. It seems that I tried this no more than 3 months back and it did not include anything that followed the dot.

Jim

.
--
One day.