Re: right click of file open with

jim lawrence wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:13:58 +0200, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:30:08 -0500, jim lawrence <fedorajim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to change the default application that opens pdf files. I have
adobe 7 installed I removed gpdf & gvv Any thoughts?
--

Jim,
This is what worked for me in KDE on FC3. Note that my KDE install is

In the hat menu->Control Center->KDE Parts->File Ownership:
Enter 'pdf' in the search box. Left Click the pdf icon and when you
get a menu, move Acrobat all the way up.

If that doesn't work, then Right Click a pdf->Open With->Other:
Enter 'acroread' and click 'Save Ownership for this File Type' (or
something like that). Then click OK.

Is there a way in GNome? I don't have kde installed nor want to install it.

Jim, the Gnome desktop shows an icon labeled, "Start here." Beginning with "Start here" --> Applications --> Preferences --> file types & programs --> documents --> published materials --> browse for program to run.