Re: Top Posting....

Thom Paine wrote:
What baffles me is the fact that this list prefers bottom posting.
People know this, yet they insist on top posting because that's what
they want to do. They know it's bad ettiquette, yet continue to do so.

When I was first informed that bottom posting is the way to interact
with email and lists, that's what I do because thats what is
preferred. Even though gmail defaults to top posting, I know how to
run the mouse well enough to highlight the parts of the message I
don't want, and then put the cursor at the bottom and begin typing.

Maybe I'd like to drive on the left side of the road like they do in
England, but you can't do it in Canada or the US. Maybe some of the
top posters could try their influence on that.

Don't forget that a lot of the posters are used to that POS virus known as Outlook, and it defaults to top-posting as well.

Gang, bottom posting has been the standard since Usenet was invented.
Hell, I still have an ARPA address and looking back at the archives
shows that we've ALWAYS used bottom posting.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-  Microsoft Outlook:  If it ain't a virus, it sure is a carrier!    -