alternate boot methods

I posted the issue of kernel crash off the first install disk. I attempted
to install via ftp, but I got exactly the same error screen with a lot of cd
and ide references before the kernel panic, leading me to believe that it
was still attempting to install from cd. Are there any detailed instructions
on alternate installation methods from local harddrives or remote systems?

Brad Reed
* <mailto:brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>