ndiswrapper killing me

I'm running Fedora Core 3 on an HP zd8000. So far, so good. Except today I
attempted to get my wireless card working, and I'm having some problems.

The card in question is a Linksys WPC54GS. I've attempted to use ndiswrapper,
and installed it according to the instructions at
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/e_a_graham_jr/ndis/ and
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/...hp/Installation. According to
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/.../index.php/List this is supposed to be
one of the easier cards to get up and running. Executing cardctl status shows
that my PCMCIA card is ready. However, when I attempt to get things going,
loadndisdriver fails, producing this error message in my system log:

YOG-SOTHOTH kernel: <3>ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper_load_driver:92):
loadndiswrapper failed (11); check system log for messages from
'loadndisdriver'

I can't find much information on Google that seems relevant, and a search of
this forum produced nothing. I've also googled on the WPC54GS +Fedora and
found that others seem to have no problem with this card.

In addition, when I try to activate wlan0 through network-devices, I get this
error:

ndiswrapper device wlan0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

What could the problem be, and how can I fix it?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxx)