Re: Qpopper and init.d

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 21:42 -0800, Corey Head wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I installed qpopper (don't like dovecot) for some mail
> experimentation.  It works great!  However, I am
> unable to get the service to start up properly at
> boot.  I have to manually go in to the command line
> and type 'service qpopper start' to get it to accept
> connections.
>
> I installed and configured the init.d stuff using
> instructions from this link:
>
> http://www.tripanel.com/tutorials/qpopper_start_script.html
>
> The service stop|start stuff works great!  It just
> won't start up at boot.  The only difference in the
> script from the link above is that my popper exec is
> in the /usr/local/sbin directory.  Am I missing
> something?  (Probably...will one of you all point it
> out for me?)

I think the instructions are wrong. Remove the copies of the script in
directories other than /etc/rc.d/init.d and run "chkconfig qpopper on".
That should set up symlinks (not copies of the file) in the right
places, so "chkconfig qpopper --list" should show that qpopper will
start in run levels 2,3,4 & 5, which is what you want.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>