Re: Oracle 9i install error on FC3

Hi Jean,
If its still fresh in you memory can you pl list which compat rpm packages did you installed in order to solve linking errors

Regards,
gaurav
Jean Francois Martinez wrote:

Installing on Fedora 3 is not that easy but possible: I did it...
last Friday.

First: the jdk included with Oracle will not work

Second: go to oracle-base.com and follow the instructions for Fedora
Core1.

Third: You will have an easier time if you use 9.2.0.4

Fourth: Oracle 9i CANNOT be linked with the libraries used by gcc 3.4
I didn't try (because it will not work) to use gcc 3.3 through the
compat libraries from Fedora 3. Instead I used gcc 2.96 through
the compat libraries from Fedora 2. You will also need the compat-db
package for the Apache 1 web server included in Oracle. Since the
compat-db from Fedora Core 2 had dependency problems I installed
the one from Core 3.

Fifth: Be sure to apply the patches as told in oracle-base.  In
particular the one related to libc-wait.  Otherwise the net config
will fail (stinking Java rides again)

Sixth: I had problem when typing passwords in the manager since it only
took the first character in the password.  But in another box I didn't
had that problem.  Difference could be that the second box was running
xfce instead of gnome.

Seventh: Before installation be sure to bookmark http://oracle-base.com
and http://puschitz.com in your browser since they have looooots of tips
about using oracle on Linux.