Re: no sound with alsa

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 17:51 -0800, Justin Zygmont wrote:
I've been trying to get sound going with this Compaq Deskpro EN 866, and
everything seems to load right except there is no sound.  I've used
alsamixer to unmute the sound but nothing still.  Also does anyone know if
there is a program that will read what the sound device is right off
the chip.  I'm almost certain snd_intel8x0 is the correct module.  I'm
wondering what to try next?  any help would be appreciated.

Try playing with "Headphone Jack Sense" and/or "Line Jack Sense" in the mixer. I have to mute both for sound to work.

thanks! as soon as I muted it, it worked, and now I can unmute it and it still blasts sound. and louder than windoze too.