Re: Mouse going wild in KVM

Scot L. Harris wrote:

This is a long standing problem with Belkin KVM switches. Most people
find that using psmouse.proto=bare or psmouse.proto=imp resolves the
problem. As mentioned this will most likely cause the mouse wheel to
stop working.

I recently picked up an Iomega 4 port KVM switch.  Interestingly enough
linux seems to work fine with it but Windows 2000 seems to have problems
with the mouse.  :)

Funny that, Scot. I was going to suggest the Iomega unpowered KVM, don't have the model here, it's at work, but it came recommended here. Mine works great in various flavors of Windows and with Fedora. I haven't thought about it in months, now, the sign of a good piece of equipment. I've been rebuilding a bunch of Windows boxes recently, and some of have been W2k, and I've had no problem with the Iomega. What kind of mouse do you use? Mine is a MS optical intellimouse.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA