Re: Fedora and Roadrunner cable...

Chevee Dodd wrote:
Okay.
I worked through the install proccess finally.  After
trying every trick I could find to get my 3 button
serial to work, I bought a 3 button PS/2 and upgraded
my tower to a PS/2 port.  I now have a working
computer with Fedora running on it and everything
works...... sortof

I'm in WV and we have Time Warner here... my internet
connection is cable through their Roadrunner service. I haven't been able to find anything online about
setting up my connection for this...

So I need help.
Now, Roadrunner uses DCHP to grab everything... DNS
and all.  How do I set this up?

If you have an ethernet card and cable, it should *just work* if you set the interface to DHCP. If you unplug a different computer in order to plug in the FC computer, you may need to power-cycle the modem to force it to forget about the old MAC address.

Warren