Re: Mouse going wild in KVM

RL wrote:

I have XP and Fedora boxes in a belkin KVM. It works fine until I
switch to XP when I'm in Fedora (usually in GNOME) and then come back
to the Fedora box. Usually my mouse goes wild and I have to kill X. What can be done to correct this?

The short answer is get a different KVM. It's a known problem with Belkins. Alternatively, this:

appending 'psmouse.proto=bare' to the kernel line in /boot/grub/grub.lst
has ALWAYS worked - but it does disable the scroll wheel

there are variations on this suggestion if you hunt around in google.com\linux
on 'kvm belkin mouse problem'

You get tired of not having the scroll wheel after awhile, but it works.

-- Claude Jones Bluemont, VA, USA