Re: Fedora Core 2 problems

That's why I used the disclaimer "per customer request" - I would have much rather used RHEL.

I don't know why I would need to reformat the swap partition if nothing changed other than the drive label.

/dev/hde* became /dev/sda*

I need to know what configuration files to change. I made a modification to fstab (as shown in the original message) but that didn't seem to help.

Craig White wrote:

if you are absolutely certain that /dev/sda3 is the swap partition, you
probably only need to reformat it for swap...

man mkswap
man swapon

but just thought I would point out what I would have done, that would
have been to use FC-3 instead of FC-2 at this point...
- much better support for SATA drives
- much longer time before EOL
- worked a lot of bugs out of SELinux
- more up to date versions of some daemons that I use

Craig