Re: is fedora okay for people just playing around?

Matthew wrote:

Hi everybody.

I recently got a new computer and I’m going to use my old computer for trying out linux and generally experimenting on. Although I’m generally pretty handy and able to figure stuff out I have absolutely no programming or professional computer experience. Would fedora be way out of my league or are there other people out there that are just kind of tinkering around? (This is not a technical question - I’m sure my old computer could handle it – I’m not sure whether I can.) And if you think not – is there a good beginners’ basic linux?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Matt

Did a bit of research since my earlier response, Matthew. The ATMission (FC2) and basilisk (FC3) LiveCDs are Fedora based.