Re: is fedora okay for people just playing around?

Hi Matt

I'm just like you, dont have "any programming or professional computer
experience" either. And I've been using fedora since it's first release.
Dont worry about if you would encounter any problems, cuz the folks here
in this community are so helpful. But I would first suggest you grap
some books and manual or suff the web well before asking for help. That
will not only save other ppl's time any energy but also helps you know
more about the staff u r using.

And for beginners' linux, fedora is REALLY worthy a try.

BTW, you may want to build your own firewall after you have linux setup
on your old computer, and so your new Windows box can be protected under
it :) It's very easy to find the instructions you need on the internet.

Welcome to fedora!

XIA