Re: Need mplayer dependencies -

Matt Florido wrote:

Bob Goodwin wrote:
[...]

I did that first, tried mplayer, xine, and totem, yum returned nothing in each case?

So I tried to do it as I have done many times before when neither yum or synaptic found the applications.

Interesting that yum fails. Perhaps your yum.conf doesn't contain all the repos??

Try using this: http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf

Unless of course, you prefer solving the dependencies manually.

Ok, that fixed things. I installed the suggested yum.conf file
and it installed the two missing dependencies and then mplayer.
I did xine and totem too to check it furthsr and all went without a hitch.

Probably helped with yum in the future also.

Thanks to all.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia