Re: Fragmentation?

Deron Meranda wrote:

That being said FC3 does come with a couple tools which
may help diagnose particularly rare worst cases.

  filefrag /path/to/some/file

The filefrag command tells you how "fragmented" any particular
file may be and if it is optimal or not.  I don't think there is any
command which gives you an "average fragmentation" over the
whole filesystem.

Well, the information given by Deron Meranda about fragmentation should be given in any manual on ext2/3 file system, if any exist. By the way, I didn't find a link to filefrag in the manpage. e2fsck should point to filefrag.

Do you know about any other "hidden" tools like
filefrag?

Daniel Frerejacque