Re: Mysqli and PHP5

On 3/23/2005 5:43 PM Brent Norris wrote:
I have been working with a fedora core 4 test1 box and trying to build
PHP5 with mysqli support.

I have installed the source rpm and edited the SPEC file for it.  In the
configure section I added the needed lines to compile PHP with the
mysqli support, but when I install the resulting RPMs they don't contain
any of the mysqli files (mainly mysqli.so)

What else do I need to do so that I can get this support into the RPM?

I'm running FC3 and built PHP5 from source (and I'm in the process of learning PHP and MySQL), so my situation is different from yours, but I don't think there is a mysqli.so file. Have you run phpinfo()? It should show if mysqli support is there. I think that mysqli just uses the libmysqlclient.so file.

I'm using mysqli, and I don't have any mysqli.so file on my system.