Re: Floppy booting Fedora Core

Am Do, den 24.03.2005 schrieb Jogger um 1:39:

> The earlier versions of the Fedora Core offered a choice of creating a boot
> floppy during the installation process. This was a perfect choice when a
> dual boot system was necessary and starting the Linux booting process from a
> floppy was an acceptable alternative.

Creating a boot floppy isn't any longer possible since FC2. This is
because the kernel is too big to fit on that small space. That question
has been asked and answered to extend. Please use the list archive to
find the discussions.

> However, I have just downloaded and tried to install Fedora Core ver 4, just

There is no Fedora Core 4. FC4 is in testing period 1. So this is a pre
release you play with. For testers there is an extra mailing list