Re: FC3 and Nvidia driver 7167

It's a udev issue. The modules need to be copied to the /udev directory before you reboot:

cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices/

chown root: /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*

[This is from the Fedora FAQ at www.fedorafaq.org/custom_nvidia.html

--
Joel

Actually, it isn't this. The new nvidia driver is able to interact with udev properly, and it's not necessary to manually create those nodes. I am running 7167 allowing udev to create the nodes as needed. The issue was with the previous releases of the nvidia driver.

I can send you an rpm of the nvidia drivers if you like (home rolled), or you can download one from livna or atrpms, I believe.

Jonathan.