Wirless just cuts off in FC3

Hi, I just posted this in another thread but figured it would be
better to start a new one....
    I am having problems with my wireless Dell 1450 USB adapter and
FC3.  For some reason it just randomly de-activates without warning.
When I go to the network manager to activate it again, almost always
it gives me  "Determining IP address for wlan0...  failed, no link
present... check cable?"  The other times it gives me an error about a
wrong MAC address, even though I have manually put it in before.
Sometimes it does it after a few minutes since I booted up, sometimes
after an hour.   I am using ndiswrapper-1.0 and 2.6.9 kernel.  I am
really new at this, is there anything I can do to try and troubleshoot
this?  In the last thread someone said something about a connection
setup where you could change the time the device is on for...?  I am
getting very annoyed with this because I have to keep rebooting back
into XP to use internet.  Please let me know if you guys need more
info, I am desperate!
Charles