RE: FC3 with BEFSR11 Linksys router slow connection

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 07:03, Shawn Iverson wrote:
> >The solution is to force both ends to 100MbFD and turn off
> >autosense. We have similar issues with Cisco and Extreme
> >Networks stuff on occasion.  I agree it "should work" but it
> >often doesn't, so we don't even let them start the discussion.
>
> I definitely can relate.  The network I help manage is all Cisco gear,
> and I have the same trouble at times, so on most of the switches I force
> 100/Full.

Note that if you start down this route you must forever manually
set *every* piece of equipment plugged into your network to
full duplex.  The problem is that setting one end turns off
autonegotiation so if the other end is left at auto it must
assume half duplex.  Now that most equipment gets it right
I'd recommend loading the latest IOS on your cisco equipment
and throw away anything that still doesn't do the negotiation
correctly when both ends are set to auto.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx