Missing Packages / Updates etc

I have a feeling that this is a really basic question, but I cant seem
to figure it out.

I am trying to install a piece of software, which needs to be built from
source.  In order to build from source, I need to install the
development tools, so I go to add programs, and select the development
packages that I need (I just select them all), then I tell it to
install, and it begins to take a look at stuff.  After a while it comes
back and says I need the following packages or I cant add the
development tools

Libselinux
Dbus
Krb5-libs
Libxml2
Xorg-x11-libs
Glib2
Gtk2
Arts
Kdelibs
Kdebase

So I went out and did all the yum / up2date updates that were missing
and tired again,

Same result

So I opened a terminal and su -

Then typed

Up2date libselinux

It went looking and came back with

The package you are trying to install is already up to date

Now what do I do?

Thanks

TIM

Tim Holmes