Re: shrinking lvm

gaurav wrote:
Hi list,
I am installing oracle on fc 3, i need to create two partition for oracle .
Problem is I have already allocated to Linux partition (as lvm)
how I can shrink the existing lvm partition and create two extra partion .. i dont know much abt lvm

Are you sure you need to create actual partitions for Oracle, not just additional logical volumes? It would be much easier to do the latter,

Please post the output of:

# vgdisplay
# lvscan
# df

And state where you want to get the extra space from that you intend to "give" to Oracle.

Paul.