Re: No Ethernet Connection At Boot

Craig White wrote:

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 17:59 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

came home 2 nights ago. Booted up, but, internet connection was down. Asked sharemate, who said he didn't un why(but said it was the same for him, apparently). Anyway, after some time, he said he had fixed it. But, it still wouldn't connect. I then deactivated/reactivated the connection and success. Now, when I boot up, I get the sane occurrence, and have to deactivate/reactivate the connection. I'm not seeing errors in boot.log, so what could this be..? This is happening only with eth0(internet/lan nic), eth1 is okay, as a client pc can obtain an ip through dhcp on this machine. Cheers.

PC has 2 nics
eth0 is static set to 192.168.0.17
eth1 is static set to 192.168.1.1

---
is ONBOOT = YES

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth0

does

service network restart

turn it on or off?

I would think that /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg might be better
places to look for errors with respect to the eth0 interface at bootup

Craig

Hi All,

Craig,

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth0

doesn't exist

service network restart brought me to where I didn't have a connection again, and had to deactivate/reactivate again. Will check those logs real soon. Cheers.

Mark Sargent