Re: Antivirus in FC3?

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 22:06 -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>     Yeah, and I was more than happy to let it die, thinking it either
> got the message across, or no one was going to.  But I still maintain
> that if you want to stop viruses in your workplace, you don't make
> everyone walk around in rubber suits....you kick Microsoft to the curb.
---
I know that you don't believe this but I can tell you for sure - that
viruses & spyware are of absolutely no consequence on any network of
Windows desktop computers that I maintain but that is not achieved
without cost or effort. No rubber suits though.

your kick Microsoft to the curb reference pretty much assumes an
inability to manage a network of Windows computers with no regard to the
users needs.

I am no fan of Microsoft but I am neither a fan of Apple, Adobe, Intuit
etc. either.

I think that Linux as a desktop is still a bit short of what you can get
on the desktop on other 'proprietary' OS's and as long as businesses are
willing to pay for the licenses and there is no mitigating factor for
wholesale change to something that is perceptibly less usable to them,
they won't go for it.

Craig