Re: Creating a boot disk

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 13:25 +0800, Edward wrote:
> Dan Fokum wrote:
> > I am trying to install Linux on a computer that does not have a CD
> > drive, so how do I create a Linux boot disk from the ISO images?
> >
> > PS: I downloaded the ISO images onto a Windows XP computer.
>
> You downloaded the images, but you don't have a CD drive to install them
> with? Suppose we find a way to get you a boot disk (which, if you're
> talking about FC3, floppy wise does not exist), how do you expect to
> install Fedora?
>
> This is a very weird question. You MUST have a CD drive for a basic
> installation.

Not true at all. You can write the diskboot.img file from the images
directory of the first CD/DVD to a USB flash stick or equivalent and
boot from that if your computer supports booting from USB. You can then
install from the network or hard drive, thus not needing a CD drive.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>