Re: acpi not accepting command

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, E GCP wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Shouldn't. Is apmd running? What's the kernel line in /etc/grub/conf? Have you ever powered all the >way off after that boot?

apmd is not running. I have rebooted the laptop several times since then.

Could it be a hardware problem, like with the CAS settings of the RAM? Though I remember the computer trying to do something when I first type the command after installing FC3. Currently just ignores it. Anyway to track it besides the usual logs?

Starting from linux-on-laptops.org, I found this after a few minutes. Not sure if it will help, but it should give you a lead and maybe better support than we can give you here.

http://www.zd7000forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=27335#27335

Good luck!

Thanks, egcp

-- Matthew Saltzman