Re: httpd: error

nick wrote:
Hi I've been trying to install webmin before hence ive rebuild this
box twice, ive been trying to enable https so i can remotel administer
the bx using webmin. Ive followed webmin instructions to get https up
and running but failed miserably..

So if you have any good pointers or instruction i will be very happy
to give them ago..

Regards

let me guess... you're getting a perl module error, or the SSL error when you attempt to install webmin, yes? I got the same thing on my FC3 web/mail server. As I recall, since I have two seperate installations of PERL on this machine, threaded which installs as default, (/usr/bin), and a non-threaded install (/usr/local) because Interchange uses non-threaded PERL, I had to make sure that Webmin looks at the non-threaded perl on the system. That in itself can be a real trick to pull off.

At any rate, make sure that Net::SSLeay is installed in your PERL installation, otherwise Webmin will not install unless you force it, and even then its not likely to work correctly if at all without the dependent PERL module(s).

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996