Re: FTP help needed

Paul Howarth wrote:
Claude Jones wrote:
Perhaps I'm missing a better paradigm, here. I like the idea of more
secure FTP. My old paradigm is to use a web authoring program, such as NVU (I'm used to GoLive from that other world), to create and manage the local iteration of a site. When done, publish. For small sites, uploading pages one at a time as completed, or in small batches, is fine. Is that what you suggest?

Ideally the authoring program would support sftp directly so that it could upload changed pages to the server. Quanta Plus can do this, and is included in the kdewebdev package in FC3.

Alternatively, you could maintain a local copy of the site and then use an intelligent ftp client like lftp to synchronise the version on the web server. lftp can also use the sftp protocol.

Thank you. In all the searches I've done for web authoring programs for Fedora, I somehow missed Quanta. On first glance, it seems to be more powerful than NVU. Between exploring its possibilities and configuring sftp, I guess I have my next work defined.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA