Re: tape drive error

Hi Gene,
Do you mean interrupts?
When I look at my /proc/interrupts I know I have other things there with my scsi adapter from BusLogic.

CPU0
  0:
70937522
XT-PIC  timer
  1:
200          XT-PIC
i8042
  2:
0          XT-PIC
cascade
  8:
1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:
368831          XT-PIC
BusLogic BT-930, uhci_hcd, eth0
 12:
4778          XT-PIC
i8042
 14:
90206          XT-PIC
ide0
 15:
212674          XT-PIC
ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0
Let's just say it was a cabling problem. When I insert the tape, it makes sound like it's rewind the tape. Would it be able to do that?
This is my first time setting up a tape drive, it didn't sound like it should be this difficult.
Thanks,
ERS

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 12:14, Eric Shibata wrote:
>HELP!
>I can't even get the status. No matter what I do I get the following
> error.
>
>/dev/tape: Input/output error
>/dev/st0: Input/output error
>
>Tape drive: HP SureStore T4i
>
>ERS

That sounds a bit like cabling and or termination problems.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)