Re: sendmail problem

Am Di, den 15.03.2005 schrieb avi@xxxxxxxxxxxx um 22:48:

> > > dnl define(`CERT_DIR',`/etc/mail/certs')
> > > define(`CERT_DIR',`/usr/share/ssl/certs')
> >
> > How shall the `CERT_DIR' work if the previous line is commented?
>
> The second line is where the CERT_DIR is located. I assumed that it did not have
> to be located under the /etc/mail dir since all the certs are stored in the
> /usr/share/ssl/certs dir and also gets created there

Sorry, this was clearly my fault. Ignore my comment, you are right.

> > > define(`MAIL_HUB')dnl
> >
> > No bigger change?
>
> this was not a recent add. It was there when things were working fine. From my
> understanding of MAIL_HUB I want this.

Ok, was just a question whether you know what it does.

> > > dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
> >
> > > DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')dnl
> >
> > You removed the localhost binding for the MTA but added the TLSMTA. Why
> > the SMTPS service?
> > Add again the first commented line and add it to for the public IP. That
> > is the most important change which causes your Sendmail to no longer
> > have an MTA!
>
> I looked at a very old sendmail.mc file and added the following line
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

So now the MTA is bound to all devices/IPs.

> > > FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl
> >
> > You know what causes?
>
> I've always had this so I know this was not the problem

Right, not the cause, but again the question whether you know what it
does.

> > > MAILER(smtp)dnl
> > > MAILER(procmail)dnl
> > >
> > > define(`MILTER', 1)
> > > INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-amavis', `S=local:/var/amavis/amavis-milter.sock,
> > F=T,
> > > T=S:10m;R:10m;E:10m')
> >
> > No bigger change? I call a milter important.
> > Beware: don't set anything below the MAILER entries!
> >
> > Alexander
>
> After making the above change DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA') addition,
> it still did not work. However when I commented out the milter, it worked. I
> don't believe that I added this here. I believe that it was placed there when I
> installed amavis. Are you saying that I should have this above the MAILER() options?

Correct. Never ever place things below the MAILER definitions, just
LOCAL_* instructions. See

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/intro.html

for that. But only activate the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER if the milter is
working properly.

> Avram

If the milter is not running properly, but you are calling it from
Sendmail, then of course Sendmail will fail and cause a temporary
failure DSN of 451.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:22:41 up 3 days, 1:55, load average: 0.07, 0.63, 1.29