Re: USB hotplugging does not work on all machines anymore

James Wilkinson wrote:

Have you tried all your USB ports? Occasionally, the ports on the
backplane (near the keyboard and mouse PS/2 ports) work better than
those on the front of the machine.

The scanner is plugged in at the back and is not recognized anymore. It definitely worked early january (FC3 on actual patchlevel), and then I used the scanner for the last time mid january. Now it is difficult to go back to that patchlevel.

Try, as root, running
/sbin/rmmod ehci
before plugging the disk in. This downgrades the kernel to USB 1.1, but
solves some issues.

I'll go back to that at last resort. My Olympus digital fotocamera e.g. works perfectly, it might be connected through USB 1.1.

--
Regards
Markus