Re: Iptables problem with allowing http - Solved

Claude Jones wrote:
Thanks, again to those who made suggestions. I just tried my site from work, and it's up. This am, I tried the following. I had configured the web services on my firewall during installation of FC3. This am, I turned off the firewall using the FC3 'Security level' tool under System services. This flushed all the rules in iptables. Then I ran the script I'd generated again, saved it, and in this way, implemented only the rules I'd created with the script. Now, it's working. Apparently, there was some conflict created by the two sets of rules being implemented at the same time.

makes sense. sounds like they were canceling each other out and not allowing any traffic across that port.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996