Re: Installation fails randomly and PC freezes up.

Muhammad Ahmad wrote:
I have an hp pavilion d1000e system with AMD athlon 64. I am installing the 64 bit version of Fedora Core 3. I have tried several times and each time the installation fails at random packages and the PC freezes.

Also the automatic partitioning tool cannot partition and returns with error that / not created. I have to manually partition the drive. The HDD is a 200 GB Maxtor IDE drive. The system already has XP Home. I have about 60 G for Fedora.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

it sounds as though the media you burned the iso's to is bad, or you've simply got a bad burn and ended up with coasters. Before doing anything else I would try burning the ISO's at 4x and then retry the installation. Your drive is definitely having trouble reading the media for some reason.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996