Launching an Application at startup

Hello everyone:

This is my first post to the Fedora Core Mailing list.

Anyway, here it goes. I have a GUI application written in QT. I want to
launch this app in background mode after the user logs in. I'm trying to do
this by creating a /root/.xinitrc file and having in it the following lines

	<path to my app>/<my app name> &
	/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

The problem is that this works with Suse's distros, but not Fedora. The
application closes up shortly after starting. (this can be confirmed by
suing top). Any ideas on this? Any help will be highly useful, thanks.

Dario Oliva
Linux Software Engineer
Arco Data Protection Systems
doliva@xxxxxxxxx