Re: Bittorrent - how to use on Linux?

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 02:13, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:54:48 +0000, a a <lacadaemon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you can tolerate Java on your machine then Azureus is an excellent
> > (some say the standard) bittorrent client incorporating many very
> > useful functions e.g. bandwidth management, torrent prioritisation,
> > individual file selection from within torrents and fast resume after
> > stop. I use Azureus on FC3 without any problems.
>
> What do  you nean by 'tolerate' Java? What are the disadvantages of
> installing Java?

It's big, it's slow, it has it's own concept of human interface instead
of inheriting that from the windowing toolkit; it isn't part of the
base distribution so you have to track updates separately.  And for the
paranoid set - it's controlled by a company with its own agenda.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx