Don't Waste Time on Fedora Mailing List Archive Searches - Search Engine Broken

Subject thread says it all.

The basis for my assertion is many experiences trying to find information in fedora archives. Today, I made notes of steps in trying to find information in fedora-config-list archives and conducting quite a few searches for messages dealing with pup. I asked for searches on all sections, on keywords, on title, and on body. I asked for searches of the entire archive and for searches on a couple of individual months. In every case the result was the same - 0 hits. I searched on pup + yum and again 0 hits on pup with a few hits on yum.

I googled "pup front-end for yum" and got lots of hits, including some news reader services like gmane (I did not look on gmane itself) where I was able to retrieve and read some fedora-config-list messages posted in January 2005. Then I returned to redhat fedora-config-list archive page, selected January 2005 display by thread and searched for the specific subject thread I had just read. You guessed it!! Zero hits even though it was the seventh message presented as I scrolled down the page.

The Red Hat archive search engine is broken, broken, broken.