Re: gnome problems

jim lawrence wrote:

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:16:18 -0500, jim lawrence <fedorajim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering what files i can blow away in my home directory so
that it forces gnome to "Reset" its self to default.    I have lost my
sound and  the ability to use Networkmanager.

EDIT: I logged in Gnome as root sound works fine. Created a new user account logged into that account, sound doesn't work

Jim, did you try turning up the volume settings in the new user account? If not, you may need to and possibly even check to make sure sound channels are not set to mute.