liblinc? (Requried by som old applets; missing from FC3)

I just tried to install a package containing some custom GNOME applets on an FC3 system. The operation failed because liblinc was missing, which is not very surprising as the "linc" package is no longer supplied. But why? Has it been replaced by something else? Is there a "compatibility" option? And what did this library do, anyway? (No, I'm not using it directly in the applets in question - seems like I got it via some other lib.)

--
Toralf