Re: Listing of FC3 Distribution Iso RPMS

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

I want to identify all FC3 ALSA-related packages and try to rebuild them
for FC2. That seems a viable alternative to waiting for bugfixes to FC2
alsa packages which will probably never materialize. (Sound recording
does not work in FC2 but does in FC3.)

try posting the issue to the fedora devel list

Thanks for the suggestion, Rahul. I have stayed away from the fedora devel list because I lack the technical skills to even think about developing software. Since several FC2 users on this list could benefit, though, an official update of FC2 alsa packages strikes me as a good idea. My own efforts to rebuild FC2 packages could prove problematic as well and even if successful the other FC2 users would still be out of luck unless they were willing to take the chance that my rpms would not harm their systems.

Instead of subscribing to the devel list, though, maybe it would be best if I could direct the attention of fedora list subscribers who are also on the devel list. In an effort to do so, I will start a post a message here with an appropriate subject title.