Re: mkisofs file size restrictions

Maxim Eremeev wrote:
I know that the question was discussed here, however, I did not find
the answers quite clear. So once again:
is it possible to burn a file larger than 4GB on a DVD? Right now, I
can not find any solution: mkisofs would just ignore such a file. It
was suggested here to pass a '-udf' option but it did not help me
either. I know that in general it is ISO restrictions, but, somehow,
the guys in Windows world managed to overcome it. So is there any
workaround?

There was a thread a week of two ago "DVD burning - mkisofs max size allowed". You might want to check it out in archives.

In short, nope, not possible. Seems that mkisofs is limited with 32-bit data types. On AMD64 there's probably no such limitation.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited