Re: Reducing Load on Amavisd-new/Spamassassin/Antivir

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Side note: I am running Sendmail with MimeDefang (Perl application using embedded Perl code), which binds SpamAssassin to the mail processing stream, and it has no real problem to handle my daily mails (600?; most list mails). Anti virus protection is coming with ClamAV being the primary milter to discard virus / worm mails without further processing by other parts of the mail system.

Alexander,
This thread caused an idea to pop into my head. What if virus scanners would digitally sign outgoing messages as virus free such that incoming mail handlers could verify the message+signatures and not have to scan for virii? Then active lists like fedora-list could scan once at the server and all the recipients would only have to check the signature.

Thanks,

Dale