Re: Spamassassin 3.0.2 autolearn=ham/spam/no

On Tue, March 1, 2005 10:53 pm, crisppy fernandes said:
> I have a problem related to spamassassin-3.0.2 which i have packged for my
> use.
> I have installed all rpms of spam-3.0.2 on my FC2 box. and then i have
> sent spam mail message to check whether its working properly or not on
> my box. Its able to grab the spam and giving header info as spam i.e.
> but in its header information its giving """ autolearn=ham """ which
> should not be the case when its spam. rather it should be
> autolearn=spam.
> so can anybody of you help me in identifying where is the things wrong
> , i have not packged properly  or i need to change something in some
> configuration file.
> --
> Crisppy Fernandes

What was the score that SA gave the message?  Default score for it to be
marked as spam is 5.0.  If the score was below this, then it makes sense
that it was labled as ham.  Anyway, don't fret.  If it's a new setup, you
still have to train Bayes with at least 100 ham/spam for it to even begin
working.  Also, the message you sent, was it already examined by SA on
another computer?  Did you simply forward the message to the box, or did
you bounce it?  (forwarding alters several headers and could be the cause
of the error)

If your message was trained as ham and it should be spam, simply run:
sa-learn --spam --showdots /mail/folder/here

Check http://spamassassin.apache.org/ for further details

You can also save the message as a file...be sure all headers are
preserved and then run:

spamassassin -D < /path/to/file

The above command will run a verbose report on the message.

--
Regards,
Matt Florido