Hard drive partion behaving wierdly, how do I diagnose?

Hello,

A recent 'crash' of my FC3 took down FC with Mozilla running. My mozilla profile is symlinked to a vfat (fat32) partion. Since rebooting, this partioning starts of from boot as rw, but then some how, at soem point becomes ro, that causes some troublesome problems. I've already rsynced all the important folders I could recall to an NFS mount.

What I need to know is how do I go about diagnosing and hopefully fixing the problem. Preferable what tooks that come with the distro can I use for this purpose.

Thank you.