permissions and Apache problem

Hi
i am making a virtual server to test my files localy
i got apache and php and mysql working fine
but i have a strange problem.
if i create new files or copy files from my mounted ntfs drive to the
folder /var/www/html/
they don't execute at all and all i get in the browser is blank pages.
but when i upload the same files to my webserver they work with no problems.
i though it is a matter if permissions
i changed the permissions to 755 and 777 and it didn't work too
can anyone guide me through this plz ?
--
Ahmed Abdel-Aliem
Web Developer